Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Brushing Your Baby's Hair

I don't have a great history of brushing my babies hair.  I had a simple plastic hairbrush for my first daughter and although I brushed her hair from time to time it was in no way a regular occurrence. I simply didn't see the need, she didn't have much hair before the age of 1.

Looking back I often wonder if her hair would have been healthier or grown more quickly if I had brushed it regularly with a natural bristle baby hair brush.  I wonder if I had brushed her hair regularly would she actually enjoy having her hair brushed now?  I really struggle to get her to sit down so I can brush her hair.

It's even worse with daughter number 2.  It's almost impossible to get her to sit down so I can brush her hair.  I usually start in one location, and have to 'catch' her to finish it.  It's usually a very quick brush too.  She is not quite 2 1/2 so she's at that age where she's really testing us too. Oh, the challenges!

I am curious to know how many people regard brushing their baby's hair as important.  It's something that was never discussed at my original mother's group.  Personally, I have only just realized how many benefits your baby can glean from having their hair brushed.  I'd love to hear about how often you brush your baby's hair, let me know in the comments!

Here's a pic of child number 3, my sweet baby boy.


I started brushing his hair when he was about 3 months old, he loves it and I do too!  It really helps me bond with my baby, gives his scalp a bit of a massage helping to relax him, and it is also stimulating his hair follicles which increases blood flow to the scalp helping him grow a healthy head of hair.  Hair brushing time is a fun time, and now he wants to hold the brush himself and brush his own hair.  He loves the feel of the natural soft goats hair bristles, they are a great feature of our hair brush. 

I know view baby hair brushing as an important part of their care routine.  I also love how my baby looks too, in my Mum's words "it makes them look more loved." Although I know that technically that it doesn't make any difference to how much you love them, I do agree somewhat that it makes them 'look' more loved.  What do you think makes HRH Prince George looks so adorable?  I bet he gets his hair brushed every day!  I can tell just by looking at his photos. 

We love great baby hair care products, so stay tuned for more information here!  Follow us on Twitter for more information and great baby products.

Don't forget to let me know what you think about brushing your baby's hair, leave a comment for me!

Wishing you the Berry Best
Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment